Sunday, August 30, 2009

Awesome weather!!!!







Last weekend we had fantastic weather! Such a rare thing in mid-August in the south! The high temperature on Sunday was 82....so we took advantage of that and headed to the Zoo! Nate hates going to the zoo but I convinced him how much the kids love it so he joined us. I love when the whole family does stuff like the zoo because I can enjoy it so much more. When it's just me and the kids I get nervous someone will wander off, etc.

We arrived at the zoo at about 10:45, a little later than I wanted, so we missed the sea lion show. Our first stop was the reptiles. I usually skip this exhibit, due to the fact I HATE spiders and snakes, but Colton specifically asked to go in there. Emma was so funny. She would not even get close to the cases where the snakes and lizards were. Then we walked into a bigger room and she freaked out so much Nate had to pick her up! She did however, like the turtles.
















Outside of the reptile exhibit we saw some of the biggest turtles I have ever seen. They were walking around and everything....
















Next we passed by the sea lions on our way to the kangaroos and alligators. Then we took a quick ride on the train, which everyone loved...including Ella Margaret. We continued our tour to see the rhino's, lions, tigers, zebras, giraffes and monkey's. All of the animals were out and about! We even heard one of the lions roar!!!

































We rounded out the trip with lunch. Instead of our usual Mexican lunch, we branched out to some Italian food. Not our best decision but it wasn't too bad. It was a great family day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment