Thursday, February 12, 2009

Publix




Today is my day with just the girls in the morning. We took big brother to school and came home so Ella could nap. After I fed Ella and Emma had some lunch we ventured out to Publix to get some stuff for dinner. Emma LOVES going to Publix. We pulled in the parking lot and she starts saying.."cookie, cookie mommy". I let her walk because we were only getting a few things and those carts are sooo nasty. We got Ella settled on the cart and were on our way. She held my hand and we headed toward the bakery. We were still about 15 feet from the counter and she started saying, "hi, hi, hi" to the man in the bakery. (who is so not friendly). He gave her the cookie and she said "tank you". Still holding my hand she ate her cookie and we headed to get the green beans. She said hi to all the produce people then helped me with the beans, still holding the cookie.

We headed down the ketchup aisle, still holding my hand, and a Publix employee stopped to say hi to Emma. She proceeded to tell the lady, "I shoppin'". We rounded out the trip on the card aisle. I had to get a card for their teachers. Anyway, there was an older man shopping for cards too. He told her she was a pretty little girl and asked her how old she was. She told the man, "I two, CoCo four". I picked out the cards and we headed to the check out. She was STILL holding my hand. As we were leaving she told the cashier, "bye bye, see you soon".

If you are wondering why I mention the hand holding thing, it's because it amazes me. Colton would NEVER have done that at her age. The differences between boys and girls just amazes me. Maybe it's not boys and girls so much as it is the difference in each child's personality that amazes me.

xxoo,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment