Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekend Update....

I don't have any pictures to add, but I did receive my battery charger in the mail today, so I will be back to posting pics soon. We have had a super busy weekend. Nate and I had a wedding reception to go to Friday night. We were both so exhausted we were actually home by 10 and in bed my 10:3o! Wow, how times have changed!!!

We had to be at the ballpark today at 10:30 for Colton's game, which started 30 min late. I am not going to ramble about the drama at the ballpark today, but needless to say it was frustrating. Our boys played excellent, the best they've played yet. Colton made the last out..the game clock said 30 sec left..we assumed, after playing for 90min that the game was over. Well, the ump said they had to play another entire inning. At this point our team was up 22-15. ( a little side note, the first time we played this team, they beat us by 10 runs!). After the ridiculous extra inning, we ended in a tie.

I have to say, in my heart, our boys won that game. They were exhausted for the last inning. And the parents on the other team was a whole other issue. TRASHY is the only word to describe it. At one point, a father came out of the dugout to yell at the ump...these kids are FIVE!!

End Rant....sorry...but we had a great time...it was a very exciting game. Colton is playing great. His coach said he is the most improved player and the best hustler on the team. He plays the pitcher spot most innings and he did play once at first base! I have to brag a bit...he really is good!!! He hit a triple today that knocked in 3 runs!! In our game thurs night, he hit a grand-slam home run!!! I am so proud of his hand-eye coordination. To be able to hit the ball from a pitch at barely 5 yrs old, is amazing to me!

I really want one of those FLIP cameras so I can film some of his game and upload it.

Tonight we went to the Simpson's for Reid's 4th birthday! The kids had a great time. They had a jumpy castle and they just ran around and had a blast. Sam cooked hot dogs for the kiddos and steaks for the adults!! YUMMY! Ella cooperated and went to bed in her pak n play so it made for a relaxing evening. They live in our neighborhood so the drive home took about 20 seconds!

All in all, we have had a great weekend so far and still one more beautiful day to go!!! Hopefully I will update tomorrow with some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment