Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The plague...











I took the kids to visit my parents in NOLA this weekend. We left Friday morning and the drive down was great! Everyone was so great and I only had to stop once! We were hoping for a long, fun weekend that included visiting great-grandparents and riding the street cars....little did I know....what we were in for... WARNING, graphic content below!

We got there about 2:30 Friday afternoon and all was well. About 2 hrs later, Ella had a super dirty diaper that leaked, enough said. Well, 2 hrs later she did it again. I just thought it was something she ate. Then Emma had a messy one as well. Again , I just thought it was the Chick-fil-A. Well at 4AM, Ella vomited in her crib....then I knew it was more than something they ate. I held her for an hour and no more vomit so I put her back down.

The morning brought more messy diapers and then vomit from Emma. Colton got sick Sunday night during the night and my mom and I got it in some form as well. Thank God my dad went out of town midday Sunday and didn't get sick. Poor Megan and Chip have come down with it now too! It was just awful....we didn't do anything! We just stayed close to home and we finally came back to Alabama Tuesday.

We are heading back down in a couple of weeks for Spring Break so hopefully it will be a better trip. We are planning a Zoo trip and a trip to Global Wildlife. I only managed to snap a few pics with all of the sickness...here are a few of the ones that turned out viewable....

We did manage a trip to Cafe Du Monde...thank goodness for the drive-thru!
Poor sweet baby spent a lot of time in her playpenShe fed the dogs A LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment