Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finally potty!


Emma is FINALLY interested in the potty!!! In fact, the process has gone from 0 to 60 in a matter of days! She went from no interest to total interest. While we are not totally there, but she has made public outings, staying dry. We have used just our "big girl" panties at home! I am thinking of sending her to school Wed in her big girl panties!!! Nate laughed at me, said, well, I won't be the one who has to clean it up! If she makes it nursery school w/out an accident, I think she can get her Barbie reward! I bought this hot pink little car for her barbie dolls, she knows about it and can't wait to get it.

When she first got interested in all this, I was using M&M's as a reward. That quickly got out of control because she was using the potty just to get the M&M's....Jill gave me an out. I told her the M&M's were going to turn her teeth black. Well, she sure didn't forget I said that! In fact, I had to beg her to eat an M&M again..she kept saying that they would turn her teeth black....now if she has one, she looks at me and says, "Mommy, Jill was just kidding. They not turn my teeth black".

Today, we only had one "poop" accident. I really just don't think she's ready to do that on the toilet, I think she's scared. She knows when she has to go though, and that's half the battle! We told her she can just tell us and we can get a diaper. That seemed to work for Colton. He went on the potty when he was ready.

Funny story though, when she had her accident today....She said to Nate, very serious, "Is Dora upset with me??" Then, when I saw her a little later, she told me, "Mommy, Dora is not happy with me right now. But Daddy cleaned her up and she is feeling better now." I had to turn around I was laughing so hard! She is so funny!! I had told her not to tee-tee on Dora because she wouldn't like it...I guess she remembered that!
(Her brother took the pic at the top, one of his photo sessions w/out my knowledge. Even though her eyes are closed, I love the picture!)


No comments:

Post a Comment