Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oink Oink...

Well, Monday morning of this week, Colton woke up with a fever and a nasty cough. I kept him home and called the pediatrician. They told me to wait until Tuesday and if he still had a fever, to come in. He went most of the day without one, so I was optimistic but about dinner time it was 101.5 :( He slept well but woke up with a fever so to the doctor we went. He confirmed my fears...Swine Flu :(

Nate became quarantined from work. Wouldn't be allowed to go back until Monday! We were in for a looooong week. The pediatrician started everyone on Tamiflu. The girls as a precaution at that point. Well, Wednesday morning Emma got a fever and by Wednesday night Ella had one! Yuck, this was not good. Tuesday was the worst for Colton. He was just not well.....but by Wednesday afternoon he was looking and feeling much better.

The Tamiflu seemed to work because the girls never really got as sick as Colton did. Nate and I both got some form of this...feeling yucky and super bad cold symptoms but no fever. We have been cooped up all week with little or no outings due to the contagious nature of this virus and the rain. Monday looks like a go for all to return to normal activities...whooo hoooo :)

I am usually one of the first people in the carpool line at school but this week I will probably be one of the last! I really don't have any interesting stories from the week because we really have done NOTHING but lay around....no pics but I'll post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment