Wednesday, July 1, 2009

May-May's Wedding!


We headed to NOLA this weekend for my baby sister's wedding! It was a wonderful weekend, as far as the bride had a wonderful time!!! But to say it was HOT, is an understatement. It was so humid, when I walked outside, I either had to immediately had to get into a car or go back inside!

We arrived down there late Friday night and brought our fabulous babysitter Sarah with us! The ride down was pretty easy but Em just has a hard time sleeping in the car so she didn't sleep much. Needless to say, they were up for about an hour once we got there, til like 1:30ish and were awake by about 8:30am!

I had a pedi appt first thing in the morning....followed by Meg's bridal luncheon/lingerie shower. She had so much fun!!! I had 3 mimosa's, so I had fun too!!! Mom made a toast and got all emotional! Carrie Greene, had the cutest little favors made...they were M&M's with the words, "Marry me Chip" printed on them!

We headed back to my parents house for a brief break then off to another party at 3pm. NOW, this party was and outside seafood boil....can we say OMG hottest I've ever been in my life! I couldn't even drink it was so hot. Carrie and I parked ourselves in the shade, under a tent, in front of an industrial fan!!!

That night Sarah, Courtney and I finished preparing some things for Sunday. Carrie picked Courtney and I up and we heading to the French Quarter midday. It was sooooo HOT! We got situated (long story too tired to tell) . The kids, Nate and Sarah arrived about 4pm. They were sooo excited about May-May's wedding!

We waited as long as possible to get them ready. They looked so adorable......as for the bride she was beaming!!! I have never seen a happier bride in my life....even when we had a potentially tragic dress situation...she stayed calm and collected....

The only time I saw her get teary eyed is when we started talking about Aunt Susie....made me think back to my wedding day...how she was the one who helped me into my dress and we laughed so hard because we tied the corset upside down!!! Boy I miss her!!!

Well, the kids did great in the ceremony. Em would not stop until every last flower was out of her basket. Colton did great carrying the rings! ( he carried them on a pillow that my mom used at her wedding!)

The ceremony was quick then it was party time! Megan had a great time. Great pics were taken and memories were made! Wow this post is long enough...posting a slide show of some pics I took!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment